- And the rest, and the others; to complete a list.
- The grocery sells cucumbers, lettuce, radishes, etc.
- And so forth; to indicate missing information, often well known.
- The plagiarism was painfully obvious: "It was the best of times, it was the worst of times," etc.
- This phrase is not usually written out; rather, it is usually abbreviated in writing as etc.. In the past, it might also be written &c., although this is now dated. The abbreviated forms are still pronounced, however, as the full phrase.
- Many speakers use a /k/ sound rather than a /t/ sound in the first word. This pronunciation is usually considered incorrect, is proscribed, and is somewhat stigmatized. It is sometimes represented in eye dialect as "excetera", "exetera", or "ekcetera".
- and the rest; and the others; and so on
- et cetera (and so on)
This Swedish entry was created from the translations listed at etcetera. It may be less reliable than other entries, and may be missing parts of speech or additional senses. Please also see et cetera in the Swedish Wiktionary. This notice will be removed when the entry is checked. (more information) April 2009