Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈfɛɹweɪ/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈfɛəweɪ/
- Rhymes: -ɛə(ɹ)weɪ
fairway (plural fairways)
- (golf) The area between the tee and the green, where the grass is cut short.
- Any tract of land free from obstacles.
- (Military) A channel either from offshore, in a river, or in a harbor that has enough depth to accommodate the draft of large vessels. (JP 4-01.6)
- (nautical) A navigable channel in a harbour, offshore etc; the usual course taken by vessels in such places.
(golf) the area between the tee and the green
- Hyphenation: fair‧way
fairway m (plural fairways)