Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (uncountable) Flexibility, pliancy.
- (countable) The act of flexing.
- (uncountable, chiefly Britain) Any flexible insulated electrical wiring.
- (countable, geometry) A point of inflection.
the act of flexing
insulated electrical wiring
- To bend something.
- To repeatedly bend one of one's joints.
- To move part of the body using one's muscles.
- To tighten the muscles for display of size or strength.
1994, Elise Title, Body Heat, page 189:
- He rubbed his hands together. "Believe it or not, there was a time when I considered giving acting a go. What do you think, Miss Fox?" He flexed impressive biceps. "Would I have had a chance against the Schwarzeneggers and the Chuck Norris types?"
to bend something
to repeatedly bend one's joints
to move part of the body using one's muscles
to tighten one's muscles