Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: fortíssimo
fortissimo (not comparable)
- (music) Indicating that the piece is played very loud.
- 2017 September 7, Ferdinand Mount, “Umbrageousness”, in London Review of Books:
- He claims he was doing no more than repeating the standard nationalist account. So he was, but he was also repeating that passionate liberal critique which had resounded, often fortissimo, in British debate when Indian nationalism was still a half-formed dream.
- “fortissimo” in le Trésor de la langue française informatisé (The Digitized Treasury of the French Language).
- superlative degree of
- fortissimo in Treccani.it – Vocabolario Treccani on line, Istituto dell'Enciclopedia Italiana