See also: Hickey
hickey (plural hickeys)
- (US, slang) A bruise-like mark made during petting by pressing the mouth to the skin on one’s partner’s body and sucking. [from 1934]
- (informal, slang) An object whose name is unknown or cannot be recalled. [from 1909]
- (printing) A printing defect caused by foreign matter on the printing surface resulting in a ring where the ink is missing, appearing as a spot of ink surrounded by a halo.
- Local swelling in a tissue area, especially skin, often due to injury. [from 1915]
- A tool for making smooth, semicircular bends in conduit and pipe.
- (US, slang, business, finance) An unintended negative outcome or loss in regards to a deal or action, often preceded by the words "taking a ..." or "took a ... ".
- Farmer Jones took a hickey on his soybean crop when the flood washed the seeds away.
- See also Thesaurus:thingy
referring to an object whose name is unknown or cannot be recalled
tool for making smooth, semicircular bends in conduit and pipe