Jump to navigation Jump to search
Audio (AU) (file)
- Used other than figuratively or idiomatically: see if, only.
- It made me feel better, if only for a moment.
- It won't be much fun if only guys turn up to the party.
- (idiomatic) I wish that; signifies a wish or desire for the present or the future.
- If only I could win the lottery.
- (idiomatic) I wish that; signifies a regret about an action in the past.
- If only I had listened to my parents.
- (idiomatic) Even if for no other reason than; only just.
- I was pretty sure I wanted a red shirt, but I still tried on one blue one if only to make sure that's definitely not what I wanted.
signifies a wish
even if for no other reason than
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
Translations to be checked
- if only at OneLook Dictionary Search