Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
igloo (plural igloos)
- A dome-shaped Inuit shelter, constructed of blocks cut from snow.
- (zoology) A cavity, or excavation, made in the snow by a seal, over its breathing hole in the sea ice.
Inuit snow house
- other traditional Native American dwellings:
- hogan (used by the Navajo in the southwestern United States)
- igloo (used by the Inuit, made of snow)
- teepee (used in the Great Plains)
- tupik (used by the Inuit during the summer)
- wetu (used by the Wampanoag in the northeastern United States)
- wickiup (used in the southwestern and western United States)
- wigwam (used in the northeastern United States)
- snow fort
igloo m (plural igloos)
- “igloo” in le Trésor de la langue française informatisé (The Digitized Treasury of the French Language).
igloo n (indeclinable)