Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- So much better than another as to be beyond comparison; matchless or unsurpassed.
- (rare) Not able to be compared.
- Using more or most with incomparable, though often disapproved, is relatively common. Such uses may once have only been accepted for poetic effect, but are now widespread.
- Despite its apparently absolute meaning, incomparable is often used as if there were degrees of incomparability, occurring with adverbs such as so and very.
incomparable (masculine and feminine, plural incomparables)
- “incomparable” in le Trésor de la langue française informatisé (The Digitized Treasury of the French Language).
incomparable m, f (plural incomparables)