Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Not tractable; not able to be managed, controlled, governed or directed.
- 1972, Edsger W. Dijkstra, The Humble Programmer (EWD340):
- And I cannot but expect that this will repeatedly lead to the discovery that an initially intractable problem can be factored after all.
- (mathematics) Not able to be solved (of a mathematical problem).
- Stubborn; obstinate (of a person).
- (medicine) Difficult to treat (of a medical condition).
difficult to treat (of a medical condition)