Jump to navigation Jump to search
kingpin (plural kingpins)
- (transport) The axis around which steered wheels pivot; a bolt that holds the axis in place—a kingbolt.
- (transport) The pivot or connector between a tractor and trailer in the fifth-wheel coupling of semi-trailer truck.
- (ten-pin bowling) The pin at the centre of the triangle of bowling pins (originally the tallest pin in kayles). Sometimes also the headpin at the apex.
- The most important person in an undertaking or organization.
- The bolt holding together the truck of a roller skate or skateboard.
- (most important person): big cheese, big enchilada, big tamale, big kahuna, bigwig, big wheel, grand poobah, head honcho, muckety muck, top banana, top dog, big noise
- → Cebuano: kingpin
most important person
- Hyphenation: king‧pin