- A kind of machine blanket or wrapping material used by calico printers.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Ure to this entry?)
- (music, lutherie, bowmaking) Lengths of fine wire, silver, gold, silk or whalebone wrapped tightly around the bow stick adjacent to the leather part of the bow grip at the heel of the bow.
- The process of forming a lap or fleece of fibrous material for the carding-machine.
- The rubbing or polishing of a metal surface.
- (firearms) The process of rubbing away the lands, or metal between the grooves of a rifled gun, to increase the bore.
- (of a bow): winding
machine blanket or wrapping material