Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: frauð
- (UK) IPA(key): /fɹɔːd/
- (US) enPR: frôd, IPA(key): /fɹɔd/
- (cot–caught merger, Northern Cities Vowel Shift) enPR: frŏd, IPA(key): /fɹɑd/
- Rhymes: -ɔːd
- (law) The crime of stealing or otherwise illegally obtaining money by use of deception tactics.
- Any act of deception carried out for the purpose of unfair, undeserved and/or unlawful gain.
- The assumption of a false identity to such deceptive end.
- A person who performs any such trick.
- (obsolete) A trap or snare.
- (criminal) deceit
- (person) faker, fraudster, impostor, cheat(er), trickster
- insurance fraud
- mail fraud
- pious fraud
- wire fraud
an act of deception
assumption of a false identity to such deceptive end
one who performs fraud
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
Translations to be checked
defraud — see defraud