See also: Laurel
laurel (plural laurels)
- An evergreen shrub, of the genus Laurus, having aromatic leaves of a lanceolate shape, with clusters of small, yellowish white flowers in their axils.
- A crown of laurel.
- (figuratively, chiefly in the plural) Honor, distinction, fame.
- to win laurels; to crown with laurels.
- (historical) An English gold coin made in 1619, and so called because the king's head on it was crowned with laurel.
- The name is extended to other plants which in some respect resemble the true laurel.
- laurel water
- laurel wreath
- American laurel
- California laurel
- cherry laurel
- great laurel
- ground laurel
- mountain laurel
evergreen shrub, of the genus Laurus
crown of laurel
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
laurel m (plural laureles)
- (botany) laurel