Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- An affair; a usually adulterous relationship between people who are not married to each other.
- He was involved in a love affair with a married woman.
- A feeling of enthusiasm or strong liking for something; a fondness.
- I've always had a love affair with stamps.
2011 February 12, Phil McNulty, “Man Utd 2 - 1 Man City”, in BBC:
- And if his love affair with Old Trafford was strained by the saga of his demand to leave earlier this season, the bond was rekindled as United claimed a vital victory.