Jump to navigation Jump to search
From German malen + -ować, from Middle High German mālen, from Old High German mālōn, mālēn, denominative of māl, from Proto-West Germanic *mālijan, from Proto-Germanic *mēlijaną, from Proto-Indo-European *melh₂-.
- (transitive) To cover something with paint or varnish.
- (transitive) To portray something on paper, canvas, etc. with drawing or painting.
- (transitive) To do makeup.
- (reflexive, transitive) to put on makeup; to apply makeup
- (transitive, figuratively) To describe, depict something or someone visually, colorfully.
Conjugation of malować impf
- malować in Polish dictionaries at PWN