Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈmɪʃ.əˌnɛɹ.ɪ/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈmɪ.ʃən.(ə)ɹɪ/
Audio (US) (file)
- Hyphenation: mis‧sion‧ary
- One who is sent on a mission.
- (religion) A person who travels attempting to spread a religion or creed.
- A missionary was just trying to convert me to his religion.
- (derogatory) A religious messenger.
- (uncountable) The missionary position for sexual intercourse.
- (uncountable, slang) Sexual intercourse in the missionary position.
person traveling to spread a religion
missionary position — see missionary position
missionary (not comparable)
- Relating to a (religious) mission.
relating to a mission