See also: montré
montre (plural montres)
- An organ stop, usually the open diapason, having its pipes on display as part of the organ case, or otherwise specially mounted.
- A hole in the wall of a pottery kiln, by which the state of the pieces inside can be judged.
Deverbal from montrer (“show”); the meaning 'watch' is a specialisation of the older meaning 'something shown; something which shows'.
montre f (plural montres)
- (display): étalage
- Portuguese: montra
- first-person singular present indicative of
- third-person singular present indicative of
- first-person singular present subjunctive of
- third-person singular present subjunctive of
- second-person singular imperative of
- “montre” in le Trésor de la langue française informatisé (The Digitized Treasury of the French Language).