Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- enPR: mŭsʹ-tərd, IPA(key): /ˈmʌstərd/
- (Australia) IPA(key): [ˈmas.təd]
- (UK) IPA(key): [ˈmʌs.təd]
Audio (UK) (file)
- (US) IPA(key): [ˈmʌs.tɚd]
Audio (US) (file)
- Hyphenation: mus‧tard
- A plant of certain species of the genus Brassica, or of related genera (especially Sinapis alba, in the family Brassicaceae, with yellow flowers, and linear seed pods.
- Powder or paste made from seeds of the mustard plant, and used as a condiment or a spice.
- When the waitress brought the food I asked her if she had any Dijon mustard.
- The leaves of the mustard plant, used as a salad.
- Mustard and cress sandwiches.
- Dark yellow colour, the colour of mustard.
- The tomalley of a crab, which resembles the condiment.
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
of the colour of mustard
- must (grape juice)