Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Rhymes: -ɪəriəs
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /mɪˈstɪəɹi.əs/
- (General American) IPA(key): /məˈstɪɹi.əs/
Audio (US) (file)
- Of unknown origin.
- He received a mysterious phone call this morning.
- Having unknown qualities.
- Our boss is a mysterious man who hardly ever meets with us.
- Difficult to understand.
- Why he left without saying goodbye is quite mysterious.
- Deliberately evasive or enigmatic.
- Stop being mysterious and just tell me what you want.
- (of unknown origin): untraceable
- (having unknown qualities): esoteric, uncertain, undefined; See also Thesaurus:mysterious or Thesaurus:strange
- (difficult to understand): See also Thesaurus:incomprehensible
- (deliberately evasive or enigmatic): See also Thesaurus:covert or Thesaurus:arcane
of unknown origin
having unknown qualities
difficult to understand
deliberately evasive or enigmatic
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.