Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: nonuplé
nonuple (plural nonuples)
- A ninefold amount or number.
- 1807, John Holden, An Essay towards a Rational System of Music, page 78:
- The beginning of the measure is always at I; and in the nonuple of crotchets, each single pulse repesents a quaver, and the single pair a crotchet; and here the measure has three motions, like slow triple time.
nonuple m (plural nonuples)
- (Scrabble) A move whose score is multiplied by nine.
- (Scrabble) An area on the board where such a move is possible.
- “nonuple” in le Trésor de la langue française informatisé (The Digitized Treasury of the French Language).