Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Rhymes: -uːʒən
- The process of occluding, or something that occludes.
- (medicine) Anything that obstructs or closes a vessel or canal.
- (medicine, dentistry) The alignment of the teeth when upper and lower jaws are brought together.
- (meteorology) An occluded front.
- (phonology) A closure within the vocal tract that produces an oral stop or nasal stop.
- (physics) The absorption of a gas or liquid by a substance such as a metal.
- (computing) The blocking of the view of part of an image by another.
Terms derived from occlusion
occlusion f (plural occlusions)