See also: Panko
- Coarse, dry breadcrumbs used in Japanese cuisine.
1978, Quick Frozen Foods, volume 40, page 50:
- Japanese "Panko" bread crumbs upgrade the quality of shrimp and other frozen prepared foods with their exceptionally crisp, yet tender, bite. (Photo courtesy of National Sea Products.)
1986, Martin Yan, The Chinese Chef, page 169:
- Sprinkle stuffed side evenly with panko.
2007 September 12, Melissa Clark, “Extra Crunch for the Kugel”, in New York Times:
- But, she added, more modern interpretations could include anything from rhubarb and blueberries to panko, goat cheese and broccoli.
- Third-person singular imperative present connegative form of panna.
- Plural imperative present connegative form of panna.
- Rōmaji transcription of
panko m (plural pankos)