Jump to navigation Jump to search
Audio (AU) (file)
- (idiomatic) Sorry; said as an apology.
- Pardon me for stepping on your foot.
- (idiomatic) Polite expression used to soften a contradiction.
- Pardon me, but that is not true.
- (idiomatic, Canada, US) Polite expression to ask someone to repeat an utterance.
- Pardon me, I didn't hear you.
- (polite expression to get someone to repeat): come again, pardon, what; see also Thesaurus:say again
sorry, as an apology
polite expression used to soften a contradiction
polite expression to get someone to repeat