Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (Canada, US) Said as a request to repeat information.
- (Canada, US) Said, as though as a request to repeat information, in order to indicate disbelief or indignation.
- Said as a request for an individual's attention.
- Said as a request to pass somebody.
- Sorry, as an apology.
- (formal) Said as an expression of unexpected or early farewell.
- (request to repeat): I beg your pardon?, pardon?, I'm sorry?, come again?, say again?, sorry? (Britain); see also Thesaurus:say again
request to repeat — See also translations at come again
request for attention
request to pass
sorry, as apology
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
Translations to be checked
- An old-fashioned type of dance where partners are constantly changed.