Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
(Redirected from payment in kind)
See also: in-kind
- (usually after the noun) In the form of goods and services rather than money.
- "How much did he give?" "Hard to say. It was all in kind."
- The pay is OK, but the real attraction is all the benefits in kind.
- (paying or giving) with goods or services (as opposed to cash)
- I made some donations to the charity, not in money, but in kind, such as non-perishable food.
- (idiomatic) In a reciprocal manner; in a similar way; in the same kind.
2015 December 5, Alan Smith, “Leicester City back on top as Riyad Mahrez hat-trick downs Swansea City”, The Guardian (London):
- Vardy drilled over after getting behind Bartley and also hit the side-netting, resulting in the loudest cheer of the day from the Swansea fans after he kicked an advertising board in frustration. He responded in kind by showing them three fingers with one hand and making a zero with the other.
Frequently in the phrase payment in kind.
with goods or services
in a reciprocal manner