Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
reciprocal (not comparable)
- Of a feeling, action or such: mutual, uniformly felt or done by each party towards the other or others; two-way.
- reciprocal love; reciprocal duties
- Let our reciprocal vows be remembered.
- Mutually interchangeable.
- I. Watts
- These two rules will render a definition reciprocal with the thing defined.
- I. Watts
- (grammar) Reflexive; applied to pronouns and verbs, but sometimes limited to pronouns that express mutual action.
- (mathematics) Used to denote different kinds of mutual relation; often with reference to the substitution of reciprocals for given quantities.
- contrary or opposite
done by each of two people towards the other
in the contrary or opposite way
reciprocal (plural reciprocals)
- (arithmetic) Of a number, the number obtained by dividing 1 by the given number; the result of exchanging the numerator and the denominator of a fraction.
- 0.5 is the reciprocal of 2.
- (in arithmetic): multiplicative inverse