Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: safe-guard
Audio (US) (file)
safeguard (plural safeguards)
- Something that serves as a guard or protection; a defense.
- Getting a flu shot is a good safeguard against illness.
- One who, or that which, defends or protects; defence; protection.
- Thy sword, the safeguard of thy brother's throne.
- A safe-conduct or passport, especially in time of war.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Shakespeare to this entry?)
something that serves as a guard or protection; a defense
a safe-conduct, especially in time of war
- To protect, to keep safe.
- She kept a savings to safeguard against debt and emergencies.
- To escort safely.
to protect, to keep safe