Jump to navigation Jump to search
passport (plural passports)
- An official document normally used for international journeys, which proves the identity and nationality of the person for whom it was issued.
- You will have to bring your passport to prove who you are.
- (by extension, informal) Any document that allows entry or passage.
- (figuratively) Something which enables someone to do or achieve something.
- The tenor's voice was his passport to the international concert circuit.
any document allowing entry or passage