Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (transitive) To rid of microorganisms by cleaning or disinfecting.
- (transitive, by extension) To make something, such as a dramatic work, more acceptable by removing potentially offensive material.
- Near-synonym: bowdlerize
- (transitive, computing) To filter (text) to ensure it does not contain any characters that will cause problems for or be interpreted in an adverse way by the receiving system.
- Remember to sanitize your query parameters to avoid SQL injection exploits.
- (transitive, computing) To remove sensitive or personal data from (a database or file).
- (transitive) To revise (a document) in order to prevent identification of the sources.
to free from microorganisms