Jump to navigation Jump to search
- The act of saturating or the process of being saturated
- (physics) The condition in which, after a sufficient increase in a causal force, no further increase in the resultant effect is possible; e.g. the state of a ferromagnetic material that cannot be further magnetized
- (chemistry) The state of a saturated solution
- (chemistry) The state of an organic compound that has no double or triple bonds
- (meteorology) The state of the atmosphere when it is saturated with water vapour; 100% humidity
- (art) The intensity or vividness of a colour.
- (color) Chromatic purity; freedom from dilution with white.
- intense bombing of a military target with the aim of destroying it
- The flooding of a market with all of a product that can be sold
- (music) An effect on the sound of an electric guitar, used primarily in heavy metal music
- (telecommunications) The condition at which a component of the system has reached its maximum traffic-handling capacity, i.e. one erlang per circuit.
- (telecommunications) The point at which the output of a linear device, such as a linear amplifier, deviates significantly from being a linear function of the input when the input signal is increased.
- Modulation often requires that amplifiers operate below saturation.
- oxygen saturation
- saturation current
- saturation patrol
- saturation point
- saturation temperature
- saturation vapor pressure
- saturation vapour pressure
the act of saturating or the process of being saturated
condition in which no increase in effect is possible
chemistry: state of a saturated solution
organic chemistry: state with no double or triple bonds
state of 100% humidity
vividness of color
flooding of market
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
Translations to be checked
saturation f (plural saturations)
- “saturation” in le Trésor de la langue française informatisé (The Digitized Treasury of the French Language).