scissor (plural scissors)
- (rare) One blade on a pair of scissors.
- (India) Scissors.
- (noun adjunct) Used in certain noun phrases to denote a thing resembling the action of scissors, as scissor kick, scissor hold (wrestling), scissor jack.
one blade on a pair of scissors
- To cut using, or as if using scissors.
- To excise or expunge something from a text.
- The erroneous testimony was scissored from the record.
- To move something like a pair of scissors, especially the legs.
- The runner scissored over the hurdles.
- To engage in scissoring (tribadism), a sexual act in which two women intertwine their legs and rub their vulvas against each other.
- (skating) To skate with one foot significantly in front of the other.
to cut using scissors