See also: Slider
The meaning "small hamburger" was originally used to describe onion-steamed small burgers at White Castle restaurants, formerly spelt "Slyder".
- Rhymes: -aɪdə(r)
slider (plural sliders)
- Agent noun of slide: one who slides.
- A sliding door.
- (baseball) A pitch thrown with added pressure by middle and ring fingers yielding a combination of backspin and sidespin, resulting in a motion to the left when thrown by a right handed pitcher.
- The closer had a wicked slider that was almost unhittable.
- (cricket) A similar delivery in which the wrist and ring finger work to impart backspin to the ball.
- A small hamburger.
- We ordered five sliders.
- (curling) A piece of Teflon or similar material attached to a curling shoe that allows the player to slide along the ice.
- (graphical user interface) A widget allowing the user to select a value or position on a sliding scale.
- (US, dialect) Pseudemys rugosa, the red-bellied terrapin.
- (skydiving) A rectangle of fabric that helps produce an orderly parachute deployment.
- Synonym of
- (small hamburger): minihamburger
(curling) a piece of teflon or similar material attached to a curling shoe
(software, graphical user interface) a widget allowing the user to select a value or position
- cut fastball
- two-seam fastball
- split finger fastball
slider m (plural sliders or slider)
- (baseball) slider