Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: Smoker
smoker (plural smokers)
- A person who smokes tobacco habitually.
- 1997, Carlin, George, Brain Droppings, New York: Hyperion Books, →ISBN, LCCN 96-52373, OCLC 36084460, OL 26335012M, page 47:
- Even though I don't smoke, I'm not one of those fanatics you run into. In fact, I love watching cigarette smokers in their sad little sealed-off areas, sucking away, deep lines in their faces, precancerous lesions taking hold, the posture and body language of petty criminals. You know what you do with these people? Give 'em free cigarettes. Let 'em smoke. Offer them a light!
- A smoking car on a train.
- (informal, dated) An informal social gathering for men only, at which smoking tobacco is allowed.
- Strand Magazine
- That evening A Company had a "smoker" in one of the disused huts of Shorncliffe Camp.
- Strand Magazine
- (informal, dated, Britain, Cambridge University) A social event featuring sketches, songs, etc., whether or not smoking is carried out.
- A vent in the deep ocean floor from which a plume of superheated seawater, rich in minerals, erupts.
- (slang) An illicit boxing match; see Wikipedia:Battle Royal (boxing).
- A device that releases smoke intended to distract bees; a bee smoker.
- A person or an apparatus that smokes food.
- (slang) A two-stroke engine.
- (slang, by extension) Any vehicle with a two-stroke engine, especially a motorcycle, as opposed to a four-stroke motorcycle or stroker.
- (baseball, informal) A fastball.
- (slang) Synonym of
- smokeress (female, dated, rare)
person who smokes tobacco habitually
smoking car — see smoking car
vent in the deep ocean floor
illicit boxing match
bee smoker — see bee smoker
apparatus for smoking food