Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (informal) Rapid and without delay.
- a snappy response
- Make it snappy!(=hurry up)
- (informal) Irritable.
- You're snappy this morning; did you not sleep well?
- (informal) Tidy; well-dressed; sharp.
- Here he is, looking snappy in his brand-new suit.
- Chilly, brisk, sharp.
- snappy weather; snappy pace; snappy rejoinder
- 1898, Winston Churchill, chapter 8, in The Celebrity:
- The day was cool and snappy for August, and the Rise all green with a lavish nature. Now we plunged into a deep shade with the boughs lacing each other overhead, and crossed dainty, rustic bridges over the cold trout-streams, the boards giving back the clatter of our horses' feet: […] .
rapid and without delay