Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (Received Pronunciation, General American) IPA(key): /ˈtʃɪli/
Audio (RP) (file)
- Rhymes: -ɪli
- Homophones: Chile, chile, chili, chilli
- Cold enough to cause discomfort.
- Feeling uncomfortably cold.
- I’m getting rather chilly over here – could you shut the window please?
- (figuratively) Distant and cool; unfriendly.
- She gave me a chilly look when I made the suggestion.
- See Thesaurus:cold
cold enough to cause shivering, or suddenly cold
distant and cool; unfriendly
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
chilly (plural chillies)
- Alternative spelling of .