Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: supranațional
- Rhymes: -æʃənəl
supranational (not comparable)
- Beyond the borders or scope of any one nation.
- Global warming is a supranational problem.
- 2008, BioWare, Mass Effect, Redwood City: Electronic Arts, →ISBN, →OCLC, PC, scene: Systems Alliance Codex entry:
- The Systems Alliance is an independent supranational government representing the interests of humanity as a whole. The Alliance is responsible for the governance and defense of all extra-solar colonies and stations. […]
- 2017 November 13, Derek Thompson, “Why Amazon Thinks You Want to Watch a ‘Lord of the Rings’ TV Show (or Five)”, in The Atlantic:
- If its Middle-earth series becomes must-see TV around the world, it would mean millions of new devoted subscribers in the Amazon Prime fellowship, collectively paying billions of dollars, lured by a fleet of dwarves, elves, and hobbits that would, one might say, rule their shopping behaviors and bind them to one supranational force.
of greater than national scope
supranational (plural supranationals)
- Such a person or organization.
- 2021, Alexander During, Fixed Income Trading and Risk Management: The Complete Guide, John Wiley & Sons, →ISBN, page 147:
- This segment of issuers is known as the supranationals, or supras. Together with regional and agency borrowers, the bonds issued by supranationals form a bond market segment known as SSA (supras, sub-sovereigns and agencies).
- “supranational”, in Trésor de la langue française informatisé [Digitized Treasury of the French Language], 2012.
supranational (strong nominative masculine singular supranationaler, not comparable)
Positive forms of supranational (uncomparable)
- “supranational” in Duden online