Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /tɔːnt/
- Rhymes: -ɔːnt
- (some accents) IPA(key): /tɑːnt/
- Rhymes: -ɑːnt
- (US) IPA(key): /tɔnt/
- (cot–caught merger) IPA(key): /tɑnt/
- to make fun of (someone); to goad (a person) into responding, often in an aggressive manner.
to make fun of (someone); to goad into responding
taunt (plural taunts)
a scornful or mocking remark
- (nautical) Very high or tall.
- a ship with taunt masts
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Totten to this entry?)