Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- The act of pulling something along a surface using motive power.
- the condition of being so pulled.
- The pulling power of an engine or animal.
- The adhesive friction of a wheel etc on a surface.
- (medicine) A mechanically applied sustained pull, especially to a limb.
- (transport) Collectively, the locomotives of a railroad, especially electric locomotives.
- (usually after forms of get or have) Progress in or momentum toward achieving a goal.
- (business) The extent of adoption of a new product or service, typically measured in number of customers or level of revenue achieved.
- (politics) Popular support.
act of pulling something along a surface using motive power
condition of being so pulled
pulling power of an engine or animal
mechanically applied sustained pull, especially to a limb
- (medicine, transitive) To apply a sustained pull to (a limb, etc.).