Jump to navigation Jump to search
voiceless (not comparable)
- Lacking a voice, without vocal sound.
- 1994, Loreena McKennitt, The Mystic's Dream:
- A voiceless song in an ageless light / Sings at the coming dawn / Birds in flight are calling there / Where the heart moves the stones / It's there that my heart is calling / All for the love of you.
- (figuratively) Without a vote; having no input into a decision.
- (phonetics, of a consonant or vowel) Spoken without vibration of the vocal cords; unvoiced, surd, breathed. Examples: [t], [s], [f], [m̥], [u̥].
lacking a voice, without vocal sound
phonetics, of a consonant: spoken without vibration of the vocal cords