Jump to navigation Jump to search
- A tool, such as a cane, used to ease pressure on the legs, and to aid stability, when walking.
- 1907, Robert William Chambers, chapter I, in The Younger Set (Project Gutenberg; EBook #14852), New York, N.Y.: D. Appleton & Company, published 1 February 2005 (Project Gutenberg version), OCLC 24962326:
- It was flood-tide along Fifth Avenue; motor, brougham, and victoria swept by on the glittering current; pretty women glanced out from limousine and tonneau; young men of his own type, silk-hatted, frock-coated, the crooks of their walking sticks tucked up under their left arms, passed on the Park side.
- A stick insect (order Phasmida).
- (slang) A playing card with the rank of seven.
insect — see stick insect