Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
washer (plural washers)
- Something that washes; especially an appliance such as a washing machine or dishwasher.
- A person who washes (especially clothes) for a living; (if female:) a washerwoman.
- A flat disk, placed beneath a nut or at some joint, to distribute pressure, alleviate friction or prevent leakage.
- A face cloth.
- (flat disk to distribute pressure or to alleviate friction): blotter
something that washes
person who washes for a living
- (transitive) To fit (a mechanical device) with a washer.