Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: Washer
washer (plural washers)
- Something that washes; especially an appliance such as a washing machine or dishwasher.
- 2021 January 13, “GA opens new carriage washers”, in RAIL, issue 922, page 15:
- A £1.2 million carriage washer has opened at Norwich Crown Point, enabling Greater Anglia to clean its 58 Stadler trains. It is one of two new washers (the other is for '720s' at Southend), [...].
- A person who washes (especially clothes) for a living; a washerman or washerwoman.
- A flat disk, placed beneath a nut or at some joint, to distribute pressure, alleviate friction or prevent leakage.
- A face cloth.
- (flat disk to distribute pressure or to alleviate friction): blotter
something that washes
person who washes for a living
- (transitive) To fit (a mechanical device) with a washer.