- simple past tense and past participle of
- Suffering from a wound, especially one acquired in battle from a weapon, such as a gun or a knife.
- A wounded soldier.
- (figuratively) Suffering from an emotional injury.
- My wounded pride never recovered from her rejection.
- (physics) Of a particle: having undergone an inelastic collision.
- a wounded nucleon
suffering from a wound
suffering from an emotional injury
wounded pl (plural only)
- (usually, with "the") People who are maimed or have wounds.
- The wounded lay on stretchers waiting for surgery.