Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
to have; there is; there are; to exist; to be
o'clock; time; when; hour; season; period
- Cantonese (Jyutping): jau5 si4
- Hakka (Pha̍k-fa-sṳ): yû-sṳ̀
- Min Nan (POJ): ū-sî
- Min Nan
- sometimes, at times, now and then
- The purchase price of vegetables since November has really been rocketing. Sometimes the prices change on a daily basis, and it can increase by 50 cents within a week.
- Sometimes I walk very fast as if I was late for a date; sometimes I loiter, gaze around, without a certain destination in mind.