Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (transitive) To raise (something) to a higher position; to lift.
- (transitive) To promote (someone) to a higher rank.
- (transitive) To ennoble or honour/honor (someone).
- (transitive) To lift someone's spirits; to elate.
- (transitive) To increase the intensity of something, especially that of sound.
- (raise): lift, raise
- (promote): promote, exalt
- (ennoble): ennoble, honour/honor, exalt
- (elate): cheer up, elate
- (increase the intensity of): increase, raise, turn up, up (informal)
- (raise): drop, lower
- (promote): demote
- (elate): depress, sadden
- (increase the intensity of): decrease, diminish, lower, reduce, turn down
Related terms 
promote — see promote
ennoble — see ennoble
increase the intensity of
- elevate in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
- elevate in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911
- second-person plural present indicative of elevare
- second-person plural imperative of elevare
- Feminine plural of elevato
- second-person plural present active imperative of ēlevō