Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Rhymes: -ɛndɪŋ
- Present participle of end.
ending (plural endings)
- A termination or conclusion.
- The last part of something.
- (grammar) The last morpheme of a word, added to some base to make an inflected form (such as -ing in "ending").
- (termination or conclusion): conclusion, end, termination
- (last part of something): end, finale
termination or conclusion
last part of something
grammar: last morpheme of a word
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked