Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also médial
From Latin mediālis.
- Of or pertaining to a mean or average.
- medial allegation
- (anatomy) Pertaining to the inside; closer to the midline.
- The medial side of the knee faces the other knee, while the outer side of the knee is lateral.
- (anatomy): lateral
Coordinate terms 
- (human anatomy direction adjectives) anterior, distal, dorsal, lateral, medial, posterior, proximal, ventral (Category: en:Medicine) 
Derived terms 
Related terms 
of or pertaining to a mean or average
pertaining to the inside
medial (plural medials)
- One or more letters that occur in the middle of a word.
- Any of various things that occur in the middle.