Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
From Latin dorsālis (“of or relating to the back”).
- Rhymes: -ɔː(ɹ)səl
dorsal (not comparable)
- (anatomy) With respect to, or concerning the side in which the backbone is located, or the analogous side of an invertebrate.
- (of a knife) Having only one sharp side.
- (anatomy) The top surface of foot and/or hand.
Coordinate terms 
- (human anatomy direction adjectives) anterior, distal, dorsal, lateral, medial, posterior, proximal, ventral (Category: en:Medicine) 
Derived terms 
Related terms 
With respect to, or concerning the side in which the backbone is located, or the analogous side of an invertebrate
An anatomical term referring to the top surface of either foot and/or hand
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
dorsal (plural dorsals)
dorsal m and f (plural dorsales)