Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Used other than as an idiom: see never, mind.
- (imperative) It is not important; do not fret; used to reassure or comfort the person to whom it is said.
- I'm afraid I’ve broken your mug. — Never mind, it was old and I was going to throw it away.
- Did you fall over and hurt your knee? Never mind, I’ll put a bandage on it.
- (imperative) Do not be concerned (about someone or something, or about doing something).
- Never mind about me — you go and I’ll join you later.
- Here’s some money for you. Never mind about paying me back; you can keep it.
- (imperative) Indicates a withdrawal of a previous statement.
- You're a fool. — What did you call me? — Never mind.
- (idiomatic) Let alone; much less.
- They wouldn't go near that place, never mind spend an entire day there.
it is not important
do not be concerned (about someone or something, or about doing something)
I was wrong; I withdraw my previous statement