Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (transitive) To pull back inside.
- An airplane retracts its wheels for flight.
- (intransitive) To draw back; to draw up.
- Muscles retract after amputation.
- (transitive) To take back or withdraw something one has said.
- I retract all the accusations I made about the senator and sincerely hope he won't sue me.
- She will, and she will not; she grants, denies, / Consents, retracts, advances, and then flies.
to pull back inside
to take back or withdraw something one has said