Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Possessing strength
- a potent argument
- Being effective in small quantities.
- a potent medicine
- Having a sharp or offensive taste.
- (of a male) able to procreate.
- very powerful or effective.
- harsh and potent injuries
- Moses once more his potent rod extends.
potent (plural potents)
- (heraldry) A heraldic fur formed by a regular tessellation of blue and white T shapes.
- (obsolete) A prince; a potentate.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Shakespeare to this entry?)
- (obsolete) A staff or crutch.
- potent in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
- potent in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911
- third-person plural present active subjunctive of pōtō
- potent, being effective in small quantities.
Declension of potent